Friday 27 August 2010

GoodRead - Linger

In Shiver, Grace and Sam found each other and fell madly in love.

Now, in the second book in the Wolves of Mercy Falls trilogy, Linger, Grace and Sam have to fight together. For Grace, this means defying her parents and keeping dangerous secrets. For Sam, it means grappling with his werewolf past ... and figuring out a way to survive the future. But just when they manage to find happiness, Grace finds herself changing in ways she could never have expected...

Shiver – I LOVED the book. No, seriously, I do. But the ending creeped me out. But I loved the love story worked so beautifully and how Maggie's writing (there's a line in Shiver where she described the wolves as "They were silent, beautiful ghosts in the woods.")

The beautifully writing and prose continues in Linger, and I'm so happy about that. Also, I love how the author, Maggie Stiefvater continued the story by, not having just Grace and Sam telling the story, but adding two more voice to the mix. We have Isabel, whose brother Jack die when he was attacked by the wolves in Shiver, and we have Cole, a new character (Bad Boy alert!) who wants to do anything to become a wolf and not be human.

I love these two new voices. I'm not 100% sure if I like Cole much, but I love Isabel. Her voice was cutting and showed she was still grieving for her brother and yet, against her better judgement, is slowly falling in love with Cole. I'm not sure why but I imagined KaDee Strickland's (aka Dr Charlotte King in Private Practice) voice for Isabel.

Now... the ending... I am going to admit this. I almost threw the book across the room. But that's a good thing. It means, to me, that it's a good read and the writing was brilliant. I love Shiver & Linger is a really good follow up. And with the ending that Linger finished on, I can't wait for the third book in the trilogy, Forever.

Now, to pick a song that reflects the book to me. I hope you like the song I chose...

No comments:

Post a Comment