Saturday 27 November 2010

GoodRead - Matched

I got an ARC copy from the lovely Sya from Mountain of Instead (check her site out here!) and, after several minutes of trying to write a quick description over Ally Condie's Matched, I'm just going to copy and paste what GoodReads says about this book...

“In the Society, Officials decide. Who you love. Where you work. When you die.

Cassia has always trusted their choices. It’s barely any price to pay for a long life, the perfect job, the ideal mate. So when her best friend appears on the Matching screen, Cassia knows with complete certainty that he is the one . . . until she sees another face flash for an instant before the screen fades to black. Now Cassia is faced with impossible choices: between Xander and Ky, between the only life she’s known and a path no one else has ever dared follow—between perfection and passion.”


Now, I could talk about the Society. I could talk about Cassia and her slow realisation about the Society and her own life. I could talk about the love triangle between her best friend, Xavier, and her friend, Ky – both of whom are hard to choose between the two. I could talk about how people have compared this book to The Giver, Brave New World and has been said that it's a mix of Never Let Me Go meets The Handmaid's Tale for the iPod generation. I could even talk about how, even before it's been published in the US or the UK that Disney has got the film rights to this book and the possible series to come.

But I won't. Instead, am going to say this.

I LOVE this book! This book got me oh-so-very-excited. This is the perfect read if you need something to help you recover from those Hunger Games withdrawal. Imagine The Hunger Games with this book, but minus the violence. I LOVE this book and I hunger/demand the sequel. Like now, please!

Now, for the book trailer and music I related to this book...





1 comment: