Saturday 31 December 2011

New Year's Eve's Message

When I decided that I was going to write this blogpost (over a week or so ago), I mentally planned how I was going to write it and what I was going to say. While I still have the essance of it still in my head, I've suddenly have no idea where to start.

Let's start with the most important (and the main reason why I'm writing this). I want to say thank you.

Thank you to you, dear readers, for reading my blog.
Thank you to all the cool bloggers I have met and who have welcomed me into the world of book-blogging with open arms, big smiles and a dirty sense of humour.
Thank you to publishing houses (too many to name but all wonderful) for sending me copies of books that made me go hyper.
Thank you to my friends who had to handle me going randomly insane once in a while.
Thanks to my family (especially my mum and sister - two of the strongest women I have ever known) for being there. I love you all so much!
And thanks to the PIW - I love you. Even though I have forced books upon you (The Hunger Games, The Body Finder and, soon, The Pledge), ruined songs by either YouTube, pulling faces or changing words in songs to food (my fave is "trifle", even though I hate the stuff!) and still get confused when you say "Cod" whether you mean "Call of Duty" or the fish...

Now I have got all my thank yous out of the way, I suppose I'm meant to tell you all what is happening to The Pewter Wolf blog in the coming year. And, truth be told, I have no real idea. I have starts of ideas on what I want the blog to go in 2012 (read more scary novels, read more male authors, read more male leads, read more diversity, read more crime novels, read more on my kindle, read the books I've actually got/bought, the list is endless!), but all seem to come back to one point: be braver in reading. I'm not 100% certain what this means, but I'm going to try and figure it out, and I hope you guys will figure it out with me.

Now, before I go, I wanted to end this blog (my last of 2011) with something inspirational. I was going to use a quote from someone - Aung San Suu Kyi, The Dalai Lama, JK Rowling, even the wisest of people (aka my Mum) - but nothing seems to feel right for this moment. So, am going to write two things and then am going to ruin it. So, here we go:

1. You are extraordinary. Let no one else take that away from you. Because you are.
2. Follow your dreams and your heart will always be happy.

And now, am going to ruin it. LET'S KICK 2012 ASS!!!

9 comments:

  1. I love you - you are one of the sweetest, loveliest people I know <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww you are amazing Andrew - Thank you for being part of my life!!!!

    Can't wait to kick ass with you in 2012 & also lust after more fictional characters :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are my hottie YA author partner in crime and also one of the best people I've met through blogging. BIG LOVE for you, my boy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have so much time for this post. So good! :D Here's to 2012 dude!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't imagine my 2011 with u!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome post from an awesome blogger! Here's to giving 2012's ass a good kicking :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Echoing what's already been said but a wonderful post, I hope next year brings everything you hope for :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Big love right back at you! You were one of the very first people I met in this crazy blogosphere, and I'm happy to report, still one of the coolest, and most importantly, nicest. Can't wait to kick 2012's ass with you! Let's all be braver together, shall we? xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, what a fab post - Happy New year to you too, I hope it brings you lots of love and happiness xx

    ReplyDelete