Thursday 12 September 2013

Morganville Challenge

So, if you visit the blog every so often, you may have noticed that there's a new tab on the top of the blog that, for the past month, has just been ???. I should have just said it when I decided this, but I was a little unsure on if I could do this challenge. But am going to try!

Due to me winning a competition to win the near-complete series, I am going to try and read the whole Morganville Vampires series by Rachel Caine! And for those wonder why I'm a little unsure of myself, here is why:


Fifteen books! FIFTEEN! I know some of you guys who have been with the series since the beginning or halfway through so you're probably going "That's not a big deal". But I have never read a series this long before. And some of these books are THICK! 

But then I won a competition (thanks Devil's Library!) of books 1-14 (with Fall of Night being signed by the author! And a signed copy of Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan) and I thought "I think I wanna try and read these. Even if I get half way through and stop, let's see what Morganville is about!"

So, from September 2013 to the end of 2015 (so am giving myself over 2 years!), am going to try and read all 15 books. By the time you're all reading this, I should be reading/have just finished rereading the first book in the series, Glass Houses (which is technically a reread [#re3] as I read Glass Houses back in June 2012). 

And I haven't got the whole series (books 5 & 6 [Lord of Misrule & Carpe Corpus] are on their way to me and book 15 [Daylighters] isn't out yet so it won't always be one-after-another but I should read them if/when the mood takes me. 

So if you wanna join me on this mad quest, COME! Though no spoilers! But come, it'll be fun (hopefully!). But 15 books in 2 years... WISH ME LUCK!!! 

2 comments:

  1. Two years?! I think you'll speed through them once you get involved with Claire, Shane, Eve and Michael.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I decided that I want to take my time and enjoy it. But I sense, now that I reread Glass Houses, that I will probably finish it much sooner than 2 years.

      But finished Glass Houses. Oh MY! THAT ENDING!!!

      Delete