Monday 16 April 2018

The Page 112 Tag


You can blame Simon from SavageReads for this. I saw this on his YouTube Channel (if you haven't subscribe to him, you MUST!) and went "That is GENUIS! I LOVE IT! I HAVE TO DO THIS!!!". So, I have been trying to do it. But it's only taken me till now to do it! IT'S BEEN A LONG BLOODY TIME COMING! Plus, with the sudden fantasy reading funk I was in last month. I thought this would be a perfect way to get me back into that world that I think am ready to return too...

Basically, you get several books and you read page 112 from each book. Just that page. Nothing else. Because, around that page, that's when you get a good feel for the book. So, you read only that page and, once you've read all the books, you decide which book you want to read based SOLELY on that page. I used this around new year to buy a few books in Waterstones and it was such a good move. I think I will be using this trick when book shopping in future...

Because of this, using my eReader is a little out of the question (is there an eBook version of this tag? If there is, LET ME KNOW! I got a new Kindle for Christmas from my Other Half and I wanna use it!), but I have a good number of physical books on my TBR shelves (even after a mini-book cull) that I want to read! So, here at my choices for this tag!


Also, to make things a bit easier for me writing this post and you reading it, am going to only write up my thoughts and reactions in one sentence/one or two words to make it easier. So, let's get this party started!

THE IRON CAST by Destiny Soria
Reaction: Ooooh! This is good. Am intrigued over these characters and the situation they're in... This surprised me a lot! 

WITCHES ABOARD by Terry Pratchett
Reaction: Hmm. I feel safe reading Pratchett And I think I will be fine with this but in two minds. Out of the two, Iron Cast has the edge... 

THE MAGICIANS' GUILD by Trudi Canavan
Reaction: Hmmm... I'm not sure am in right mood for this one, but I know that, when I am, I will devour this book whole. 

ILLUMINAE by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff
Reaction: It's the last page of a report and intrigued. I think this series will be one weird reading experience so this might be a good place to start but we shall see... 

THE BELLES by Dhonielle Clayton
Reaction: The writing is lush and I think I can get on board with this. It might not be a fast read but I can handle that.

THE SMOKE THIEVES by Sally Green
Reaction: Well, that wasn't what I was expecting. I loved Sally's Half Bad trilogy so reading this was a surprise. I do think I will like this, but not sure how I feel about reading it now...

CHILDREN OF BLOOD AND BONE by Tomi Adeyemi
Reaction: ****! This was good, but a few others were good as well and I know I can read any of these and be happy! NOW WHAT?! 

DANG IT! After reading all these, I have four that could be perfect reading for my mood. Maybe 3 at a push. And those 4 are... 


So now what? I could ask my Other Half to pick one for me or I could read the first sentence of the four books. So... I read the first sentence and, after getting torn (again), shouted at my Other Half to pick a random number between one and four. He choose 3 so he picked... 

ILLUMINAE!

Hopefully, this will grab me by the throat and refuse to let me go. Fingers crossed. If not, we shall see what I do next... Am leaning towards Iron Cast and not sure why, but this was fun. In a weird way. Am going to have to do this again in future... 

No comments:

Post a Comment