Wednesday 14 November 2018

NetGalley Review - Wild Magic

  • Title And Author: Wild Magic by Tamora Pierce
  • Publisher: HarperVoyager
  • Physical, eBook or Audiobook: eBook
  • Bought, Borrowed or Gifted: Gifted by publisher via NetGalley in exchange for honest review
  • Length: 256 Pages
I have always been aware of Tamora Pierce for many years. I’ve been aware of her since my preteens. I know she’s a big deal in the fantasy genre. But because she’s a big deal, I always felt that she would be unaccessible. So, when news came out that HarperVoyager was going to republish the Immortals Quartet and the first book in her series, Tempests and Slaughter, I requested on NetGalley…

Daine has always had a special relationship with animals. But when she is forced to leave the home, she and the people she meets realise that the gift isn’t just a knack. It’s magic. A rare form of magic called Wild Magic that allows her to speak to animals. And not only that, but to make them obey her. 

But terrifying creatures who have been taken in the Divine Realms are now free. Someone has broken the barrier and it’s up to Daine to discover her magic and it’s up to her and her friends - human and animal - to defend the world for an Immortal attack. 

I see why this author is held to high standard. 

I had such fun with reading this. It took me a tad longer to read compared to other books of this size, but I had such a blast with it. And sometimes, we book bloggers need to read more stories that have elements of fun to them, otherwise we get bogged down and fall into reading slumps or question why we’re reading/blogging about stories that we aren’t enjoying. Book blogging is a hobby and I want to continue having fun and enjoying myself with reading stories that I have a blast reading. 

Which might explain why I have the second and the third books in this sequence and Tempests and Slaughter on my kindle… Don’t look at me like that. I had too. Well, no, i didn’t. I requested these at the same time on NetGalley and was approved for them a few days after I started Wild Magic

There are one or two things I have niggles over, but this was fun so will overlook them, for now. But we shall serif these niggles continue with the rest of the series. 


But Tamora Pierce is accessible and I’m glad I finally - FINALLY - tried her out. Onwards and upwards. I just want to keep the fun factor in my reading so wish me luck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment