Sunday 15 May 2011

GoodRead - Winter's Passage

I downloaded this onto my iPhone Kindle app because it was free, and I had a copy of The Iron King by Julie Kagawa (which I haven't read yet - OOOPS!). And then, my family and the Person I'm With clubbed together and got me a Kindle. I registered it and Winter's Passage transfered onto the Kindle. Dying to try it out, I read it without thinking.... SORRY IRON FAY FANS!

But this isn't a Kindle review/gushing. This is about Winter's Passage review. So, here's the story...

After the events of The Iron King, Meghan Chase has to keep her word and goes, with Prince Ash to dangerous Winter Court (the fay are big on promises). Prince Ash is her forbidden love, as the son of the Winter Court and the daughter of the Summer Court can never be together. But Meghan has one request: that they visit Puck - Meghan's best friend and servant of her father, King Oberon - who was gravely injured defending Meghan from the Iron Fey. But something is following them. Something powerful and something that won't stop until it gets want it wants...

Now, seeing as I haven't read any book within the Iron Fay trilogy, it basically a short story that bridge the first and second books in the trilogy - The Iron King and The Iron Daughter - which contained spoilers from Iron King. So, yeah, if you're going to read this series, start with book 1 then read this, then continue with the series.

However, I read this and it was a fast, fun read. As I don't really read faeries (though I do have a copy of Iron King, Lament by Maggie Stiefvater and two of the Wickedly Lovely series, it was an interesting read. It was fun read. There was a few things that bothered me, but I suspect that if I actually read my copy of the Iron King, all those bits that bothered me won't have.

If you're going to read this, then my advice is this: Read The Iron King first!

(and now, for the book trailer and a random song choice. ENJOY!)



No comments:

Post a Comment