Thursday 8 September 2011

Meet The Blogger - Serendipity Reviews

Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome back to another instalment of Meet The Blogger! This week, we are chatting to Vivienne from Serendipity Reviews. Please, check out her blog at http://www.serendipityreviews.co.uk/! Now, onto the questions...!

*

When did you start blogging?
On January 1st 2009. Wow! That seems so long ago!

What made you start blogging?
I wanted to blog after reading The Sunday Salon posts every week. I loved reading what everyone had read that week and found myself desperate to join in. Then I discovered reading challenges which I found very appealing. So before I knew it I had made myself a blog. I used to have a craft blog too which was called The Adventures of Scrap Girl, however as I spent more time reading, Serendipity took over and Scrap Girl was thrown on the Scrap Heap!

What was the first book you reviewed for your blog and what was your reaction to it?
Inkheart by Cornelia Funke. You can read it here. I really loved that book, but I still haven't read the rest of the series. When I look back and read my first ever posts, I find I cringe with embarrassment as they are not very good. I have learnt a lot over the last couple of years.

When was the first time you realised you were a Book Blogger?
When my blog seemed to be completely filled with book information and reviews rather than anything else. For about a year and a half I still added lots of personal posts and craft pictures. As I began to read more and more, I found that books completely took over my blog.

How much of your time a week do you spend blogging?
Too much! I like to write all my posts for the week up in one day, so I usually do that on a Monday. However, I must spend a couple of hours a day at least, reading the blogs on my Google Reader and updating and answering comments on my own blog. It is time consuming, but I cannot imagine life without it.

Has your taste in book genres changed since starting the blog?
I have quite an eclectic taste, so my reading normally follows my mood. I used to read more literary fiction when I began, but I have always had a soft spot for Young Adult fiction which has grown over the last couple of years. I love anything paranormal or supernatural. Though I cannot get on with zombies!

What book are you reading at the moment?
Forgotten by Cat Patrick and The Worry Tree by Marianne Musgrove

What book has got you very excited or made you cry?
Tiger's Curse!!! Don't get me started on that series. I can't wait to read the next book. I get excited quite easily about up and coming books and spend far too much time squealing about them on Twitter.

Have you read any book that you disliked so much you threw it across the room?
Sadly, yes! Sexing the Cherry by Jeanette Winterson - I hated that book with a vengence. I could not understand how anyone could love it as it seemed so degrading to men. I also didn't love Wuthering Heights which I read during a readalong. I couldn't wait to finish that one.

What advice would you give to anyone who wants to take part or what to set up a book blog?
Get on Twitter. Get to know the other book bloggers who will always be happy to help. We are a lovely bunch of people and we are very supportive to each other.

Now, to ask five fun quick-fire questions. What song are you listening to right now?
Carousel by Vanessa Carlton

MySpace, Facebook or Twitter?
Twitter, sigh! The bane of my life but I couldn't live without it.

Hardback, paperbacks or eBooks?
Paperbacks - easier to hold.

Letters, phone, texting or emailing?
Emailing - does that make me old fashioned?

Zombies or unicorns?
As previously mentioned, I DON'T DO ZOMBIES! So I would have to say unicorns!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Andrew. I hadn't seen the Vanessa Carlton video before, so I now keep playing it over and over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful interview! Vivienne's blog is fantastic and it's great to read more about her. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay! fab post and lovely to read more about this lovely blogger Viv :D

    ReplyDelete