Saturday 29 November 2014

GoodRead - Warm Up

Ok, I admit it. I still haven't read Vicious. I know, I know. Am a bad person. It sounds like The Avengers but if they were evil. Which is perfect for me.

But after reading Conspiracy Girl (review here) and failing to fall in my love with one of my Xmas reads within the first two chapters (not in the right mindset), I felt a pull to Warm Up, a prequel (of sorts) to Vicious and I thought "Why not?"

It has been 297 days since David died. And came back. He may have survived that avalanche but the fall out is worse. He's trapped himself in his house, too scared to leave due to the events after he woke up and found that he's now different from before. He has a new gift - and this gift scares him. But it's not the gift he should be scared of...

Ok, am going to say it. I nearly read this in one sitting. It is SO short and yet SO addictive! I can not WAIT to read Vicious. I know this isn't much of a review, but I think if you are curious over Vicious, you might want to read this as it gives the tiniest of tastes of what this story is about.

Like I said, this is a very short story and I wished it was a tad longer. I wanted to spend more time with Daniel - even though I felt like I knew enough about him. I just wanted more.

But yes, I can't wait to find time to read Vicious now! Maybe over Christmas if I fancy something to hide me from my Christmas TBR pile...

4 comments:

  1. Sounds really good. How many pages are in it? Also what is the gift that he receives?. I love small books, mainly because I don't have to wait as long to find out what happened.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. According to Amazon, only 15 pages. It's very short and you'll fly through it.

      you can get it via Amazon for 30-odd pence or go to http://www.tor.com/stories/2013/08/warm-up and read it online for free. I didn't realise this till after I bought it. Oh well! But it's SO GOOD!

      Delete
    2. I'll try it now, thanks for the link to the free one.

      Delete
    3. No probs! I hope you like the story - tell me your thoughts on it. Am curious...

      Delete