Monday 16 November 2015

GoodRead - Mog's Christmas Calamity

Am going through a bit of a reading slump (I only realised this after I stopped reading Magnus Chase after a hundred pages, struggled through Playing with Fire which I got via NetGalley and even my beloved Harry Potter has failed me!).

So, you have to understand my hyper excitement when I saw this...


MOG! MOG THE FORGETFUL CAT!!! A NEW ADVENTURE OF MOG THE FORGETFUL CAT!!! MY CHILDHOOD IS REDISCOVERED (again - the joys of having young family members!).

I adore Mog and another Judith Kerr classic, The Tiger Who Came to Tea, so when I saw this advert and discovered that this story was a story in book form (which you could only get from Sainsbury), I knew I had to get a copy. I HAD TO!!! For the children, of course. Not for me. Nope. Not for myself AT ALL!!!

Mog and the Thomas family is looking forward to Christmas. But when Mog wakes up, calamity strike! Can Mog and the Thomas family enjoy Christmas?

This book is nostalgia. Pure nostalgia. I want to read all the Mog books (I believe I have only read Mog the Forgetful Cat). Maybe not Goodbye Mog. I'm not sure if I am ready to have my childhood ruined just yet.

My only thing is that if you read the book and watch the TV advert, the story are different as whether Mog is to blame.

But I don't care. This Christmas advert is delightful (has it beaten John Lewis? Hell yeah!) and the story is wonderful. Plus, with at least £2 going to Save the Children to improve child literacy, not only do you get this wave of nostalgia but you're doing some good in the world.

Wanna see how the TV advert was made? TA-DAH!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment