Tuesday 21 June 2016

Series I Really Should Start...

We know what it's like. We have so many books to read and yet, somehow, we don't have time to read them. If only Hermione's Time Turner existed... Think of all the reading we can do!

But I am no exception. I have a ton of books and, somehow, I seem to buy books or ebooks that are the start of series and I just don't start them! I have LOADS of unstarted series that you all shout and scream about on Twitter/Facebook/Instragram/Goodreads/etc that I should read and... I don't. I am going to tell you guys a few of these unstarted series and I hope you can forgive me and don't judge me.

CHAOS WALKING trilogy by Patrick Ness
I sense you judging me on this first truth. I haven't read this series. I do own The Knife of Never Letting Go and I have every intention to read this. I have read More Than This, A Monster Calls and The Rest of Us Just Live Here and I am very excited that Patrick is show runner for Doctor Who spinoff, Class. So, why haven't I read this? Fear, mainly. You guys love this series so much, I fear I won't like it. Plus, this isn't the easiest book to get into. I tried to read a few pages a year or two ago and stumbled a bit over how it was written. It's one of those series that demands your attention, and I can't give the book the attention it deserves just yet... Hopefully soon...

NOUGHTS AND CROSSES by Malorie Blackman
I have the first book in this series on my kindle. And I have read An Eye for an Eye and Callum and I know I will like this series. But when it comes to actually reading the series, I seem to doubt myself over this book. What if this book, which I know will be awesome, isn't awesome for me? What if I'm the odd one out and dislikes the story? So, fear is my main reason here...

GRACELING by Kristin Cashore
I have all three of these on my kindle - all from a sale. This seems to be a series I am pretty confident I will enjoy. It's grown up fantasy, which is right up my street. So why haven't I start reading this yet? Because it's on my kindle. I buy these books (and Noughts and Crosses) on my kindle and then I forget I bought them so, when am in the mood for fantasy, I go to my TBR shelves instead of looking on my Kindle. This has the change, and I am making plans to go to my kindle at least once a month to read something on it. And Graceling or Fire will be one of the books I hope to read within the next 12 months...

THE BONE SEASON by Samantha Shannon
I won a signed copy the first book in the series (this was after I bought this on sale on my kindle), got the second as a proof from the publisher and am eyeing up the eNovella, On The Merits of Unnaturalness (but won't buy till I actually read this series). For a very long time, I stayed away from this series as it was hailed as "the next Harry Potter" and anything that is hailed as "the next" always has me suspicious over it. But curiosity has got the better of me. I have heard the world building is really good and am curious over this.

RED QUEEN by Victoria Aveyard
This seems to have split you guys right down the middle. Some of you guys (who I trust) really love this book and some of you (again, who I trust) really dislike this book. And while I have read and talked to people over this book, I am curious on my reaction. I wanted to know if I will enjoy this and tweet my excitement, if I will throw this across the room, raging against the characters or go "Ok, this is not what I was expecting but ok...". I always find that those types of reads surprise me the most. But I have held off because of the mixed reactions... we shall see...

And lastly...

GAME OF THRONES by George RR Martin & OUTLANDER by Diana Gabaldon
Do I really need to explain myself on these two?

No comments:

Post a Comment