Wednesday 22 November 2017

End of The Year Tag


I have no idea how I came across this tag, but as soon as I did, I went "I want to do this!". I think it's because I keep saying I want to do more tags (I have done a few in my blog life, ranging from Sailor Moon, Disney, Addams Family, Shondaland to Books I'll (Probably) Never Read, The TBR Tag, Audiobook Tag, Book Sacrifice Tag among others). The one I keep going "I should do this" is the First Chapter Tag and the Reread, Rewrite, Burn tag, but time is the enemy, hence why I haven't done them yet. One day, but not yet... So, let's get going with this tag as the questions look short and quite easy to answer. So, LET'S GO! 

Are there any books you started this year that you need to finish?
The Book of Dust: La Belle Sauvage by Philip Pullman. I did start this and I got a few chapters in but, at the time I started this, everything was in the air and I couldn't focus on this read so, am putting it on hold and, hopefully, will be reading this over the Christmas period/December.
Do you have an autumnal book to transition into the end of the year? Not that I can think of, no. I'm a mood read and just jump towards what I fancy. Maybe not the answer you wanted but ha-ho. Maybe more fantasy and crime than what I normally read but that's all, I think.
Is there a new release you're still waiting for? Nothing jumps to mind over this question, but my TBR is a little out of control (hence why I need to do a cull on my TBR sooner or later) so my main focus will be tackling my physical and ebook TBR.
What are three books you want to read before the end of the year? Like I said before, I am very much a mood reader and I do have one or two books I would like to read before the end of the year. The main three I can think of, at the moment, is The Girl In The Ice by Robert Bryndza, La Belle Sauvage by Philip Pullman (I know! I know! DAMN YOU REAL LIFE!!!) and either Traitor to the Throne by Alwyn Hamilton or The Witch's Tears by Katharine and Elizabeth Corr.
Is there a book you think could still shock you and become your favourite book of the year? I am planning to read this in the next few weeks but I think The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas. I had this advance reader copy since Christmas last year. I've been so excited to read this but as soon as I had a copy, the fear that it won't live up to my expectation. But I feel ready to read this now. I FEEL READY!
Have you already started making reading plans for 2018?
I believe I am, yes. I am thinking of doing a reading challenge to read all Dan Brown novels. I have no idea why but am leaning to trying this. If not, maybe just read two or three and take it from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment