Monday 30 November 2020

December TBR

CHRISTMAS IS ROUND THE CORNER! And England's Second Lockdown will be over in the next few days (but I think all of us in the UK/worldwide are worried about what's going to happen next...). So, of course, this month's blogging will be shorter due to Xmas/New Year! 

But till then, let's carry on! So, what is December 2020's TBR? Well... no idea. I have no hard rules. I want this month's to be fun and getting us ready for the holidays, and yet, have a slight edge of darkness and murder. I have one or two ebooks in mind for my darkness. 

I might - and I stress this, MIGHT - casually take part in a readathon this month. I am strongly considering the Reindeer Readathon. But, if I do take part, it will be casually so I will only do probably two or three prompts. Plus, I will be using books, ebooks and audiobooks and, if I do include a book into this readathon, I will tell you in the blog post's title. 


DASHER - 15 PTS 
A book with a one word title. 
DANCER - 10 PTS 
A companion novel or a sequel (as in a dancing parter). 
PRANCER - 15 PTS 
A book with a map in it. 
VIXEN 25 PTS OR 20 PTS 
A book with a fox on the cover. (Alternatively, a strong female lead for 20 points). 
COMET - 30PTS 
A book you find intimidating. 
CUPID - 10 PTS 
Read a genre that you love. 
DONNER - 15 PTS 
A book with something hidden inside (under the dust jacket, chapter heads, art etc.) 
BLITZEN - 20 PTS 
A book with some sort of struggle (internal struggle, war, battle etc) 
RUDOLPH - 20 PTS 
A book where the main character doesn't seem to fit in (outsider, misfit).

15 BONUS POINTS: CHRISTMAS STAR (To be used with one above prompt ONCE)
Read a book 500 pages or more
50 BONUS POINTS: SLEIGHING IT (To be used once when ALL above prompts including Christmas Star have been completed)
For extra points, read a book that works with one prompt.

But what, I hear you ask, are the books I have my eye on? Well, as you know, I am very much a mood reader, so I can't say that I will stick to my ideas (Ha! I never do!), but I sense one or two of these might be appearing in one form or another... 

No comments:

Post a Comment