Friday 26 February 2010

GoodRead - UK Cover Vs US Cover

It’s been a while since I’ve done this. Sorry about that! No real book covers have catch my eye and I didn’t want to do another LORD SUNDAY related blog so, I was a bit stuck. So, thank you Twitter (aka @atombooks) for promoting its new book “Blue Blood”! Cos, that’s what I’m going to do! So, here is the UK and US covers…

Here is the UK cover of Blue Bloods:


And this is the US cover of Blue Bloods:


Ok, am going to be honest. When I first saw the UK cover (via the internet) it didn’t grip me. But I saw it in a book shop and I fell instantly in love with it. It held my attention and I actually picked up the book and read the back.

The US cover, though it looks different, looks quite cold (yes, this is a vampire novel so I get the “dead” look) but the UK cover grabs me more!

But you know what I like about both cover. They both look similar. You have the bare neck, the fangs marks (though they are different. The UK’s seem more how I imagine a vampire bit mark to be) and the pearls (sorry US cover, but the UK pearls PWN!)

But, the US cover reminds me a bit of the covers for the Mortal Instruments series, written by Cassandra Clare.

(Oh, I've just seen the sequel's - Masquerade - and, again, the UK wins it with me!)

So, the UK covers wins for me. But what about you? Do you like the UK cover or do you prefer the US? Leave a comment and let me know!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment