Saturday 6 April 2013

Farewell Lizzie Bennett

It's been over a week since The Lizzie Bennett Diaries came to a close. Most fans are still in shock. Most fans have gone nuts and demand a DVD (which is gonna happen - within 24 hours of the Kickstart, asking for $60,000, it got over $239,000 and had over 3,500 backers [at the time of writing this, there's 5,328 backers and a WHOOPING $358,938 has been donated!] The money will go towards the DVD production, future projects and towards everyone's salary) or for it to be aired on TV (oh, come out E4, BBC Three or 5Star! You should SO air it! And Doctor Horrible...).

And to think, this is a webshow which was made on a tiny budget and came out of a conversion between one of the creators, Hank Green (of Vlogbrothers fame), and his wife.

So... my story. I can into the series quite late. Episode 59 late. That's right. I came in when we saw Darcy. And after watching one or two episodes, I figured I had to watch the whole series as... well, why not. I "wasted" a weekend playing catch-up so, when episode 60 came out, I was up to speed and addicted. Twitter is dangerous to feeding my addiction. And while I sense some fans are curled up on the floor, going "NO! LIZZIE!", I'm going "Oh, Lizzie. The ride was fun!" So... let's throw some random videos at you. Enjoy!


"What if he's gay? What if he's a serial killer? What if he's a gay serial killer?"


"Excuse me, Lizzie..." (MY FIRST LIZZIE BENNETT VIDEO!)


"You were unaware?! Then why don't you watch my videos?!" (I have gifs for these here and here!)


"SHE TOUCHED HIS ARM!" screams the fandom while its flails!


"... and you guys didn't really think I would leave you hanging like that, did you?" (THE TIE GIF!)


"Lizzie? What are you and dear Charlotte doing in here?"

2 comments:

  1. The TIE! *flails* sorry, I will stop but the TIE!! Apart from that The Lizzie Trap is still one of my favs :)
    Oh I will miss this - but SO MUCH FUN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just reached episode 59 and love this web series, I'm taking it slow now as I don't want to come to the end!

    So glad they're making it into a DVD though! :D

    ReplyDelete