Thursday 12 January 2012

GoodRead - Eleven Minutes

I have been meaning to read Fracture for a while and, I promise you, I will read it in a month or two! So, when I saw this (and all you have to do to get a copy is tweet or facebook message FOR FREE!), then I was going to read this as...well... (To get your copy, go to Megan Miranda's Facebook page and go to "Read the Exclusive Tie-In!" tab)

So, we know the vague outline of Fracture. Delaney fell through the ice of an ice-covered lake and woke up 6 days later. She was under the ice for 11 minutes.

What happened in those eleven minutes? What happened in those six days when Delaney is in a coma. That's Decker's story to tell. Because, while it's terrifying to be trapped under the ice and drowning, it's a different form of terrifying watching this happen to your best friend... And it being your fault...

I have to say this but OH MY GOD! The first part of the story, my heart was in my mouth! It was gripping yet horrifying at the same time! And the second part of the short story was on the edge of your seat... it's like being watching one of my fave medical dramas unfold...

As a taster for Fracture, I am VERY excited and it's gone up in my To Read pile! This is a good short for those who are going to read Fracture and those who have read Fracture and want more. And for those who haven't read Fracture but read Eleven Minutes... I sense they will be rushing to get their hands on the novel and to find out what happens next to Delaney (though now, when I do read Fracture, I'm going to have Dana Delany in my head being Delaney... thanks Megan Miranda and Body of Proof!)

2 comments:

  1. I didn't even know this existed! I must get it! Fracture was eally good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone necessarily lend a hand to make significantly articles I'd state. That is the first time I frequented your website page and up to now? I surprised with the analysis you made to make this particular publish incredible. Wonderful activity!
    Protoco 9 x 9-Inch Crawfish Trap

    ReplyDelete