Wednesday 18 June 2014

GoodRead - We Were Liars

At the beginning of May, I asked my blog's Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/ThePewterWolf) what my next read should be. I gave eight choices (Prince of Shadows, Phantom Eyes, Vicious, Dreams of Gods and Monsters, Uninvited, Say Her Name, The Queen of the Tearling and We Were Liars). And guess which one of them won? That's right, We Were Liars. Much to the delight of everyone on Twitter (oh, the joys of Hype!)

So, We Were Liars. How on earth do I explain this without revealing any spoilers? You see, it's one of those books where you have to very careful on what you say as you can easily slip up and reveal a spoiler and that's part of the fun with this read?

I could lie in this review - very tempting to lie. But let me be as vague as possible.

Cady has been suffering bad headaches for the past two years. Something happened she can't remember. But none of her family - the Sinclairs - will tell her.

And that's all I dare say. I fear if I write more, I will give away the twists.

I got addictive while reading this. Something about E Lockhart's writing reminds me on Maggie Stiefvater and Eowyn Ivey. It's the writing that made this book addictive! It was so interesting reading about a family and the ties that bind us - the good and the bad.

And the ending. I usually guess endings when there's a mystery/thriller element to them. But this book's ending - I never saw it coming.

I read this book so quickly and I thoroughly enjoyed this book. This might split readers but I really liked this book. Maybe even loved it. It's the few books I read that, once I finished, I wanted to go back and reread it, just to see if I figure the story out.

No comments:

Post a Comment