Thursday 1 December 2016

British Book Challenge 2017

I did this in 2013 and again in 2015. So, of course, to keep the pattern going, am going to do the British Book Challenge again next year!


Because I like to punish myself, that's why. Plus, with me plotting to do a ton of rereads next year (blogpost explain this plan will be up next week sometime!), I thought this would add something fun to the reading mix.

If I actually remember that I'm actually doing this.

So, for those of you not sure what this is, the British Book Challenge has been running for the past few years where people taking part (bloggers, vloggers, podcasters, Goodreads, etc) read/reread at least 12 books from British authors (aka 1 book a month).

And when the term "British authors" is used, it's authors that either born and live in the UK (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland), born overseas but currently living in the UK or born in UK and living overseas. All of these must have books either published in the UK or be published in the UK first.

I think I have that right. If not, shout at me!

Now, I am still going to be reading widely across a ton of genres, a ton of age ranges and a ton of formats, so that's not going to change. Actually, I think I will do this without really trying but am going to do this to try and expand my reading. Try new genres, try new authors and reread some books that been meaning to read for a while.

Now, Michelle from Tales of Yesterday (who is running this year's BBC - like the shorthand?) asked to write a tony post, stating some books we want to read next year as part of it. Now, I don't like doing TBR lists as I never stick to them! So, instead, am going to show a tiny handful of books that am thinking of reading... maybe... if I have time... and am in the mood...




And, of course...

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for signing up Andrew x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed Railhead and Black Light Express ... if that helps, Andrew. Just joined the Challenge ...

    ReplyDelete