Tuesday 15 December 2009

"In Noctem"

This has been bothering me for a while now - well, ever since I got the "Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince" soundtrack (which I should listen to more, but don't!). One of the tracks on there - a fave of mine - is called "In Noctem" and it's sung in Latin.

So, today, on my day off work, I snapped and went onto Bing.com (not Goggle for some reason) and searched for the lyrics. I discovered that the song was used on a Deleted Scene. And, also, Nicholas Hooper did the music but he didn't write the lyrics (to my horror!). The lyrics were written by scriptwriter of all (minus 1) Harry Potter movies, Steven Kloves.

So, enough of me rabbiting on. Here is the lyrics:

"Carry my soul into the night
May the stars light my way
I glory in the sight
As darkness takes the day

Ferte in noctem animam meam
Illustrent stellae viam meam
Aspectu illo glorior
Dum capit nox diem

Cantate vitae canticum
Sine dolore actae
Dicite eis quos amabam
Me numquam obliturum

Sing a song, a song of life
Lived without regret
Tell the ones, the ones I loved
I never will forget
Never will forget."


Oh, according to the sites I read, the title - "In Noctem" - means "Upon by Night".

The site I read and respect the most is this site - http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/In_Noctem

No comments:

Post a Comment