Tuesday 27 October 2015

The Addams Family Book Tag!

I saw this tag on YouTube last month ago (I think) and I knew - KNEW - I had to put this on my blog during this week! I had to! It looks like a fun, Halloween-y tag! So, if you don't know about this tag, it was created by Hannah from Hannah Books and Beauty (aka see the first video below!) 





Now, I am going to admit this now: I am not the biggest fan of Halloween and of Horror! So, this is a weird double-negative tag for me so... LET'S GO! 

1. Morticia Addams the mother and a witch. What is your favorite witch book? 
I can say Harry Potter for every one of these answers (though it is strongly TEMPTING!) but, technically, Harry isn't a witch. He's a wizard so I can't use that. So I should say Hermione, Ginny, Luna, Mrs Weasley, etc. But I won't. I am going to say Gabriel from the Half Bad series. I like him as he's such a sweetie but he's a badass witch as well. No, wait, I change my mind! MILDRED HUBBLE! If you don't know The Worst Witch series... *shakes his head*
2. Gomez Addams is a loving father. Who is your favorite fictional dad?
The thing about YA, I've noticed, is that father figures don't exactly exist. Parents seem to be non-exist in YA (though this is changing, thank goodness!). But I can't really think of one expect for those who are dead. But I am going to say the Abhorsen from Sabriel by Garth Nix. I always found him a fascinating character. 
3.Uncle Fester Addams can generate electricity. What books makes you light up so much that you cant stop yourself talking about it?
I have far too many books that I can do this with. Harry Potter, Twilight Saga, His Dark Materials, Half Bad, The Old Kingdom... there is far too many! When we meet in real life, dear reader, grab me and dare me to talk about books for five minutes straight.

4. Wednesday Addams is obsessed with death. If you could have killed off a character in any book who would it have been?
DOROLES UMBRIDGE!!! Need I say more?!

5. Pugsley Addams has a vicious nature and plays nasty pranks on everyone. Who is your favorite villain?
Now, this is a hard choice. I like villains that are either flawed or are just pure evil. So, while I could very easily picked Lord Voldemort or Bellatrix from the Harry Potter series, I am going to pick Kerrigor from Sabriel. He is just creepy! There is a few times that, when I first read the book, creeped me out.

6. Lurch is based on Frankenstein and a zombie. What is your favorite adaptation of a story?
Because I'm not a fan of horror, I haven't watched any real adaption of a "horror" novel so this might have to be a "Veto" from me. I always look at films and TV shows on books that I like and I will like them - but I will criticise them to hell and back.

7. Grandmama is an old classic witch. What is your favourite old classic horror book?
I mention it in my next question but am going to say The Woman in Black by Susan Hill. Ok, it's not a "old classic" but it's the oldest horror ghost story I have read. And I don't think my GCSE reading of Shakespeare's Macbeth counts, seeing as it's been a VERY long time since I read it and it was for school and nothing "scary" really happened if I remember the story right... 

8. Show us some of your horror books.
I could... but as this is a blog, I would have to hunt them down and take a photo. And I am a lazy so-and-so. So, let me tell you want I have. Like I said, I am not the biggest fan of horror, but I seem to own all of James Dawson's horror stories (I haven't read Say Her Name and Under My Skin... yet). I also have an ARC of Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea by April Genevieve Tucholke (again, haven't read it yet). On my kindle, I do have The Small Hand and The Man In the Picture by Susan Hill (and I own The Woman in Black in audiobook form). 

Not sure if these counts as I haven't read these at the time of writing this post, but Welcome to Night Vale: A Novel by Joseph Fink and Jeffrey Cranor, Monsters by Emerald Fennell, The Savages by Matt Whyman and The Ghost Bride by Yangsze Choo. 

Plus, I am pretty certain I own a copy of The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson. I remember reading this late a few nights and the idea of going to get a glass of water at gone midnight freaked me out. I feared that the ghost of Jack of Ripper was under my bed and grab my ankles. That old childhood fear came flooding back! 


9. What are you going as for Halloween this year?
I'm not the biggest fan of Halloween and Trick-and-Treating isn't my thing. So I will be staying in (or going out for food!), hiding behind my book.

10. Favorite Halloween films!!!
I am awful with horror films. I get myself freaked out (I watched The Woman in Black movie - starring Daniel Radcliffe - and I hated every second of it. Hiding my face into my other half's shoulder, going "THIS IS NOTHING LIKE THE BOOK!!!"). I like fun, silly movies. But I think I might watch The Nightmare Before Christmas - it's a Halloween/Christmas movie! If I can find a cheap copy, maybe Hocus Pocus

2 comments:

  1. Ugh UMBRIDGE. I watched Order of the Phoenix yesterday and I HATE HER.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is one of the few fictional characters I seem to loathe more and more the older I get. I just detest her. DETEST HER!!!

      Delete