Wednesday 10 August 2011

GoodRead - Wolfsbane

As some of you guys know, I LOVE Nightshade by Andrea Cremer. So, when the lovely peeps at Atom Books sent me the sequel, Wolfsbane, I was beyond giddy! I sat down and read it in a space of a week - that is rare for me. But I'm going off-track...

After the terrible events of Nightshade, Calla and Shay find themselves behind enemy lines - the Searchers - and she thinks their days are numbered. But when they make an offer to destroy her former masters - the Keepers - while saving her pack and another alpha - the boy who saved her life - Calla realises that she's in control of her destiny.

But is saving Ren and her pack worth the price of freedom? And what about Shay? Can true love survive?

I don't know what to say about Wolfsbane. I adore Nightshade and Shadow Days (the novella prequel that you can get via http://www.nightshadebook.com/) so of course I will fall in love with Wolfsbane. This might be seen by some people as slow-going, but if you think about it... the whole book takes over a space of two or three days and there is let-up from when we left Calla in Nightshade...

With Wolfsbane, we see more of Calla's world outside of Veil and we begin to see the sides of war and, also, the horror of being a casualty of war. Not just the physical effect but the mental. There was one character who, when I discovered what they went through, was shocked. And then, as events unfolded, I was shocked by this character's actions...

And with this, we have the light relief of new characters, who happen to be Searchers. And, yes, this is needed as we are about to go into war. Not only a war between Keepers and Searchers, but also for Calla's heart. But, as the author has said, what makes you think Calla will choose between Shay or Ren? She could easily choose neither...

Scared, Team Shay & Team Ren? Oooh, you should be...

Am trying really hard not to gush but, I can't. I love this series and I love Wolfsbane. And I can not WAIT for Bloodrose! I NEED Bloodrose to come out soon! If not, I will have to beg Atom for an ARC! I NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NEXT!!!

Now, here are some videos about Andrea Cremer chatting about Wolfsbane & Bloodrose and my song choices. I hope you like!







No comments:

Post a Comment