Tuesday 29 August 2017

Book Review - The Color of Pixar

As you guys know, I am a sucker for Disney books so when I was asked if I wanted to read/review this, I jumped at it.

With this coffee-table book, each page is a still from all of Pixar's feature films, including the recent Cars 3 and the upcoming Coco. Instead of being organised by film, they are organised by colour, starting with white and lilic and continuing through blue, green, yellow, red onto black.

Now, I like art-movie books, and this is the same. It's visually stunning, seeing how much time and detail each frame takes. It's very much a book for art lovers.

But, it lacks something. I can't put my finger on it. It's missing something that would have made reading this better. Maybe a bit of detail here and there. But because it's missing a bit of magic, it feels lacking.

Like I said, visually stunning, but it feels very style over substance.




No comments:

Post a Comment