Monday 26 March 2018

Mini eBook Review - Paddington Turns Detective

Still in my fantasy reading slump, so decided on impulse to read/request this World Book Day collection of three Paddington Bear short stories.

Confession time: I have never read Paddington Bear or seen the movies. Don't look at me like that!

In this little collection, we see Paddington Bear trying to be detective, sail a boat and do some magic. All with mixed results, making life for the Brown family quite extraordinary.

This was fun! I think my younger self would have hugely enjoyed this, but there was something comforting about reading Paddington and his life with the Browns. There was something really positive about seeing Paddington doing (or try to do) his best at what he puts his mind to.

I do believe, though I might be wrong, that these shorts have appeared in other collections, but this is the first time that they have been put together. So, if you are a Paddington fan or you have read his previous adventures, you might be a tad disappointed.

But this felt very nostalgic, even though I have never read Michael Bond, and I think new fans will enjoy Paddington's adventures (and with the movies, I sense new fans are discovering him quickly).

No comments:

Post a Comment