Thursday 13 December 2018

Bookish Naughty or Nice Tag

Another day, another tag I randomly discovered on Twitter and, seeing as Christmas is a few weeks away (and I am nowhere near ready with cards and wrapping), I thought I would do this tag to delay the horror that is to come - Christmas card shopping! 

I discovered this via Amy on her blog, Golden Books Girl, and I believe the creator was Jen from Jenniely. But, when I saw the first few questions, I went “My answers are going to be Naughty, aren’t they?”

So, let’s do this, shall we? Oh, am not going to tag anyone in this but if you wanna do it, do it! 

Hang on, I need a Christmas gif before I go on. It's gonna be a long post! 


1. Received an ARC and not reviewed it
Naughty. I do try my hardest, but there are times I get a book (unsolicated or that I ask for) that am excited to read at the time, but when I find time to read it months/years later, it’s not me.

2. Have less than 60% feedback rating on NetGalley
Nice. I have made an effort to get my NetGalley Feedback Rating up and, at the moment, it’s around 75%. But it was stupidly low for a good few years when I first started… 

3. Rated a book on Goodreads and promised a full review was to come on your blog (and never did)
Nice. When I write my reviews, I usually try and put them on both at the same time, or put on Goodreads before The Pewter Wolf, so one less thing to worry about. 

4. Folded down the page of a book
Nice. Bookmarks or Goodreads is my lifeline on this. I just… no. I know I can as they are my books and no one else will use them but no… 

5. Accidentally spilled on a book
Naughty. I am a bit of a klutz. I’ve not done it recently, but there is a well known story about me that there is, in a paperback edition of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, a large mug ring that looks Hot Chocolate related. I swear it’s not me, but I have no idea who else did it! 

6. DNF a book this year
Naughty. I am getting much better DNFing books that I don’t like or am not enjoying. Life’s too short to read books that don’t make me happy. 

7. Bought a book purely because it was pretty with no intention of reading it
Naughty. *hides my edition of Beauty and the Beast*

8. Read whilst you were meant to be doing something else
Naughty. The less said about this, the better, me thinks… 

9. Skim read a book
Naughty. I do mean to skim but, sometimes, I don’t have time to read as much as I like so I skim books or ebooks that are a bit “meh”. 

10. Completely missed your Goodreads goal
Nice. I set my Goodreads Reading Goal stupidly low the past few years (I think I said 2 this year). I don’t want the pressure. 

11. Borrowed a book and not returned it
Naughty. Beth from The Reader’s Corner let me borrow The Iron Cast by Destiny Soria and, it’s been over two/three years and I still haven’t read it yet! I kinda thinks she’s forgot she gave it to me… 

12. Broke a book buying ban
Naughty. All the time! That One-Click Buy is lethal! 

13. Started a review, left it for ages then forgot what the book was about
I’m gonna say naughty on this as I have to find time to write the review so it might be a few days. If it’s longer than a week, I kinda forget details. So, it honestly depends on how quickly I write my review after finishing the book. 

14. Wrote in a book you were reading
Nice. Nope to this, though I might have to do this in future. Maybe not write in them but use post-its to point out certain pages/quotes. 

15. Finished a book and not added it to your Goodreads
Nice. I add books, ebooks and audiobooks on my Goodreads as soon as I have them/preorder them. I might not be great at updating my page count or updating my Pinterest on what I’ve read this year, but I’m always adding things to my Goodreads. 

No comments:

Post a Comment