Thursday 20 December 2018

End of 2018 Post

Ok, this is a little earlier than I was expecting but I've decided that this post here is going to be my last for 2018! WHERE THE HELL HAS THIS YEAR GONE, GUYS?!

The reason I am writing this now instead of the next few days is because I will be back blogging in the New Year a week earlier than I planned so keep your eyes peeled! Plus, am going to try and do a little experiment on The Pewter Wolf where January is going to be a book reviewing free zone. It's kinda happened by fluke where other types of blog posts are taking up January and seeing as I am a tad stubborn and don't want to realise any blogposts on weekend, it's just happens that January is going to be a tad different than normal. So, no real book-review posts to my knowledge in January 2019, although I might - MIGHT -  break this with one, possible two books, but most book reviews will be up in February. Plus, this also gives me a bit of breathing room as scared am going to fall into reading slump over Christmas and New Year and I have made plans to read a few books by certain dates and I CAN NOT BREAK THEM!

Although, if you do want reviews, keep eyes peeled on my other social media outlets - Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Goodreads - as I will try and put one or two up on these platforms in one form or another...

But this is gonna be a short post as all I want to say is thank you.

I know I don't have a huge readership compared to other book blogs who are smarter, funnier, cooler or more cat-like than me, but I am really grateful. I am grateful that authors, publishers, PR people and other cool book people still think my blog can be involved in promoting their book/series and allow time to tweet/email and check I'm ok. Same for when they meet me at events and am going through a tiny self-confidence crisis. Thank you for being kind and thoughtful.

To all my fellow book bloggers/vloggers/podcasters/instagrammers/etc, thank you for always being welcoming to old blogging folks like me (8 years I've been doing this! CAN'T YOU BELIEVE THAT?!) and yet always welcoming newer bloggers into the community! Your passion, warmth and dirty senses of humour are wonderful and there are a few of you I think of as wonderful friends so thank you.

To real life friends, family and my Other Half, thank you for being there and laughing at the amount of books I have and reminding me that there is a life outside of books, telling me to calm down when I get worried/stressed/flap over things I shouldn't worry over. And for your love. Thank you for loving me as much as I love you. I couldn't my lives without you all.

Just thank you all.

Now, am going to leave you and try and enjoy the last few days of 2018 (by working! And reading!) but I wish you all a very Merry Christmas, a Happy and Hopeful New Year and wonderful holiday. See you in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment