Sunday 24 April 2011

GoodRead - Divergent

I got this book from a competition from Cicely Loves Books blog so thanks to her for running the competition. I was told from the peeps on Twitter that this book was "The Next Hunger Games" and, when I got it, I was halfway through another book, I gave it to a pal of mine to read (who read the Hunger Games and loves the series). Within days, I got texts and chats from this friend, who was reading it madly and going "This is SO MUCH BETTER than the Hunger Games!"

High praise! But does it live up to the hype?

In Veronica Roth's debut novel, we are in a dystopian future of Chicago where society is split into five fractions - Abnegation (the selfless), Candor (the honest), Dauntless (the brave), Amity (the peaceful), and Erudite (the intelligent). Beatrice is about to turn 16, which means that she (and other teens that age) must choose the faction to which they will devote their lives. So, she could stay in her fraction and stay with her family or change and never see her family again.

Whatever her choice, the events will shock her. But will she live long enough to regret her decision...

I have no idea how to write this review, seeing as I finished it in a mad rush this afternoon then rushed onto my mobile, chatiing to my friend, going "Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God!"

Expect with this - the rumours are true. This book trilogy IS the next Hunger Games. Heck, it might be even BETTER than the Hunger Games! The unexpected romance that I was warned about I spot a mile coming, but who cares!? The book never lost its fast pacing and set everything up perfectly for what happens next. It's full of twists, turns, gasps and edge of your seat moments.

I ADORE this book and I hope you guys love it too. Now, to wait for book two in this trilogy. BRING IT ON! I WANT MORE!

*

Now, this is usually the part of the review where I put Book Trailers and Music that I out with this book. Weirdly, I didn't listen to any music while reading this book, so I have no idea what would be a good song to use here... am listening to some now, but am putting my first thought/choice here. Hope you like...!





No comments:

Post a Comment