Tuesday 3 July 2012

Warner Bros Studio Tour: Making of Harry Potter

I went to this last week, on the 15th anniversary of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone was released in the UK by Bloomsbury. I didn't know this till several days beforehand as this was my birthday present.

Yes, "subtle" hinting paid off!

Now, I have been reading since the Christmas Sale (and finishing several days before - review coming soon, I hope!) the Harry Potter: Page To Screen. I've become fascinated by what goes into making a TV show or a film later (on Sunday, on word of Jenny from Wondrous Reads, I treated myself to The Art of the Avengers, and will be reading that over the coming months) and, of course, it's HARRY POTTER! I grew up with Harry Potter! I read the books since I was 11 or 12 so it's been with me through my teen years!

I don't want to reveal too much about the tour - I mean, SPOILERS! (everyone who I talked to before the tour didn't tell me ANYTHING! [Expect buy Butterbeer!]) - so am going to reveal some photos I took. I hope you don't mind, but I would say, if you are a Harry Potter fan or interested on how a film franchise is created, go! The detail in sets, costumes and artwork is INSANE! Even little things that you will NEVER see on the screen had detail!

So... here you go... Enjoy!


  






PS - Oh, by the way, if you are going or have gone to Making of Harry Potter, what did you think? I LOVED it and I have to thank the PIW (aka my beloved Daniel) for buying me tickets. So, if I haven't told you already, Dan, thank you!

PPS - to those of you who have gone to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Florida (like Laura from SisterSpooky), I kinda hate you. But Sirius-ly, what was it like? I would love to go and am VERY curious about it.

PPPS - While am on the subject on the Wizarding World, if you have gone to Making of Harry Potter or The Wizarding World, I wanna ask your opinion on the Butterbeer! Did you like it? Did it live up to your expectations? And what did you think tasted it?

PPPPS - LAST ONE, I PROMISE! But, if you're living in the UK and Ireland, have you entered Bloomsbury's competition to find the biggest Harry Potter fan? If not, click here for my post about it!

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait to go to this! I am well jel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had an awesome time! My friend went a few weeks ago and said it was amazing and I'm hoping to go at some point in the summer so I'll get back to you about the butterbeer after I've tried it :o) I love all your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'll let you know. i'll do a round up post for you special

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved it sooo much. I want to go again - am lucky as I live pretty close :)

    ReplyDelete