Tuesday 23 July 2013

re3

Why, hello dear readers!

Today, I am going to tell you about a new thing I am going to do on the blog and, hopefully, this one will stick (unlike the fail that was my Adaptation idea [which, come on, nearly every YA book we love has been picked up for a TV show/movie so that was dead in the water before it even begun]).

Today, I welcome you to: re3!


Ok, let me bore you with how re3 was created before I explain what it means. A year and a half ago, I was chatting to my other half, saying I wanted to reread a Harry Potter novel. He asked if I would read Order of the Phoenix as that's his fave book in the series (I know. NO ONE LIKES BOOK 5!). I agreed, after a lot of "Are you Sirius?" gags thrown at him. But once I agreed, I looked forward to it. I got excited. I can plan to start reading it on JK Rowling & Harry's birthdays. I can see if I can read all 7 Potter books. Or maybe read a few and write blogs posts on the fandom's theory of mirroring (which I might tackle one day).

A year and a half past and... you guessed it. I hadn't read it. My To Read pile never allowed me time to slip this beast of a book (766 pages, BTW) in. And the more I thought about it, the more I realised this, as a book blogger, I have never had the time to reread books that I love or would want to reread as... well... my To Read pile would get angry and would scare me (and probably react like this):


So the more I thought about, the more I realised that I wanted to reread books I love, but I wanted to share these books with you guys. So, after a quick thing, this is what I have come up with.

re3 stands for: reREAD, reFRESH, reLOVE.

And it won't be a typical review. re3 won't happen every week/month. It will happen every now and then. No pressure. Also, there will be questions I have to answer (which will be on the re3 page - tabs is at the top). And I can be quite spoilery about it so... That makes writing them easier for me.

But what, I hear you cry, will be my re3 reads? Honestly, I have no idea. I have a few in my head that I want to reread (and that list is quite long and some books are still unplanned but I know the series they belong into [Twilight Saga, The Old Kingdom/Abhorsen, His Dark Materials, etc), but the two I am positive I am going to reread are Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix and Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, both by JK Rowling.


The others will depend on my mood, but I do have a list for and, hopefully, I can get you guys involved with my Facebook page & maybe on my Twitter with polls and hashtags on what I should read next so keep your eyes peeled there.

And that's it. I just wanted to write this so you know what's going and hopefully, you guys will to your bookshelves and pick up THAT book you've been wanting to reread for AGES.

No comments:

Post a Comment