Thursday 11 August 2016

Book Nerd Reactions - The Shondaland Edition

You guys have no idea how long I have been thinking about doing or trying to do this blog post. After the past few weeks of me either thinking/plotting/writing &/or wondering if I should write THAT blogpost because it's quite heavy and I want my blog to be light, fluffy and warm, I REALLY want to write a fun, silly post that will (probably) win me no prizes!

So, with the aid of shows I watch and love like Grey's Anatomy, Scandal (a show I really need to watch but scared will get VERY addicted to), The Catch and my fave of them all, How To Get Away With Murder, let me show vines of some of the things we Book Nerds go through...

So, let's get started...

When we first enter a bookshop/library and all the books call to us...

What we want to happen in a love triangle but never will (come on authors!)

What we say when our main character starts dating someone who doesn't respect them (and advice we should follow ourselves)...

When a new character comes on the scene and makes a move...

What we want a strong female character to say when a male character says "I only did it to protect you"...

When a plot twist we did/didn't see coming hits us...

Our reaction when a plan comes together/falls apart, both in spectacular fashion...

When a character is playing the victim and expected our sympathy...

When a character expects us to believe that they're telling the truth...

When we give that character one FINAL chance to not screw up again...


When we suddenly realise the truth!

When we need a snack while reading...

When characters won't do what we want them to...

When a character we hate is sickeningly happy...

When we realise that the character we're madly in love with isn't real...

When a character we love suddenly and without warning dies... 

"Trust me," says the author. "There won't be THAT many deaths in this book..."

When the author hurts us in the cruellest of ways...

When it just gets too much...


When we get a Happy Ending and we just aren't feeling it...

When people don't get why we read all the time...

When we read a book that we would NEVER admit to in the cold light of day...

What we hope authors say when we finish a total bore of a story...

When the fandom online is too much...!

When we return to library/bookshop for more books...

No comments:

Post a Comment