Monday 14 November 2016

ALN Update

Ok, am going to write this tiny post to say ALN isn't going the way I hoped.

Due to a huge reading slump (thank you Goldenhand by Garth Nix) and the events of the past few weeks (I have now banned myself from watching the news because it upsets/angers me to no end!), am calling time of ALN.

I am going to do an adult literature month in the future. I am not giving up on it, but because the world has gone dark, I decide to read things that make me happy. We need some light in the world. Some humour. Some fun. And I can only do that if I get a little selfish and read books/listen to audiobooks that make me happy.

Mental health is important so I want to make me happy.

Life is too short for crap books and I am going to read what makes me happy. Once I do, I will fight for the things I am passionate about and for things I believe in.

So... yes. Writing this to keep you up to speed.

Hope you all are safe and are reading stories that are making you happy. I hope you and your loved ones are happy (physically, mentally and emotional) and this blog will be getting its smile on in the coming few days.

Now, before I leave you, let me leave you with this Vine that made me howl with laughter when I saw it at the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment