Saturday 8 August 2015

4 Weeks of Summer - Sabriel (#re3)

You can blame Chouett and SableCaught for this reread. We were chatting about Sabriel on Twitter a few months ago (SableCaught and I have read this series, Chouett hasn't) and we decided to read Sabriel throughout the course of July.

But I sped read as this is me, of course. This was me reading Rebecca, which I reviewed earlier in the week.

I know I really liked this book - it was my Waiting for Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix book and I have very fond memories over this book (I read this so many times when I was at college).

I thought I know this book pretty well. It's one of my favourite books.

But what I found interesting about this reread was that I spotted two things.

The first is chapter seventeen. I always seem to forget about the village of Nestowe. I'm not sure why. Maybe it's because it's not am exciting chapter compared to the rest of the book, but I always forget this moment. It's always quite an important because it reveals several quite important pieces of information.

The second is that this book, while being YA, is much more grown-up. There are mentions of menstruation, circumcised penis and other topics that readers would miss because of the magic involved in this world. You miss it, unless you are reading carefully.

It's always nice to reread a fave book. I think we all need to do this once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment