Thursday 1 October 2020

October 2020 TBR

Am trying, for once, to get ahead of the game by writing my October TBR several weeks in advance. I'm trying to add some order to the Pewter Wolf for the remainder of 2020 (might not do this in 2021 as I never fully stick of my "This is my TBR list for This Month"! I mean, I put four up last month and I only really stuck to one, two at a push!). 

And October 2020's is going to be exactly the same. I have a few on my radar, but am going to keep these quiet as I don't want to jinx myself and I want some room to change my mind and go with my mood. 

But, I did have plans. A few months, I decided to take part in a readathon throughout October - the Charmed Readathon. This is inspired by the TV series Charmed, starring Shannen Doherty, Holly Marie Combs, Alyssa Milano and Rose McGowan (let's not talk about the drama happening between a few of the actors, shall we?). I had plans to do a few of the prompts. I even bought a few of the book spinoffs to read during this time... 


... and yet, I realised in late August/early September that there was NO WAY I could take part. My TBR is getting out of control and I wanted to attack some of my backlog of crime/thrillers throughout the month. An unofficial Murder Month, if you will. 

So, while that's my trail of thought for October, there is one book I know for a fact that I will be reading to get me in the mood for Halloween. A creepy yellow number that should give me the creeps. I know some of you guys have already read and loved this so this won't come as a huge surprise to you!


But yes, am hoping to read Harrow Lake by Kat Ellis this Halloween. I don't think I need to go too in-depth with it - most of you have read it - but Lola's famous movie director dad filed Nightjar, a cult horror classic at Harrow Lake. She knows all about it. She knows about the caves under the fairground, the sunken graveyards, the tree in the woods that are hung with teeth (eww!). But she doesn't know about the town's secrets and as she tries to discover why this town has such hold over her family, someone is watching her every move... 

So yes. That's my solid "I WILL READ YOU" read as I won a copy a month or so ago and I knew, as soon as it arrived through my letterbox, that this was going to be my Halloween read! So, I'm curious: what are you planning to read this spooky month? 

No comments:

Post a Comment