Wednesday 17 November 2010

GoodRead - UK Cover Vs US Cover

As some of you know, I went to the Atom Books bloggers event where we were shown book covers and we all went hyper over them (what do you mean you have read my report? Click here to read it!)

Anyway, one of the books that held my attention was The Gathering (Book 1 in the Darkness Rising trilogy) by Kelley Armstrong. So, researching for info and cover art. And, as it so happens, I found the US cover also. So, let's compare!

Here is the UK cover of The Gathering...


And here is the US cover of The Gathering...


Hmmm... gut instinct. The UK! I LOVE the UK cover! It looks so much more eye-catching than the US cover. I think it's because of the white - it's so REFRESHING to see a paranormal YA novel have a white cover rather than a dark, gloomly cover.

Though, saying that, I do like the little details of the US cover (mainly the earring), but, for me, it's the UK cover.

What do you guys think? Leave a comment and let me know!!!

2 comments:

  1. I generally HATE covers with models on them - I feel that it takes away the pleasure of imagining how characters look in my own way. However, in this case I actually love the UK cover, model and all. The US one looks a bit cheap - I'd feel a bit embarrassed reading it on the bus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kinda agree with you, Splendibird. Sometimes, when a book has models on the front, I'm very "hmmm" over it. But more and more books have models on the front so I usually ignore them (cos most never match the character in my head!)

    ReplyDelete