Saturday 1 October 2016

So... This Happened...


I should be writing. I should writing a story in my notepad and I should have written TONS of blog posts (but didn't because I suck and I spent day cleaning. Cleaning! I HATE CLEANING! I was meant to write blogpost about Cursed Child, a NetGalley I read and a few other fun posts [late night, me thinks...]).

While I was on my cleaning blitz, the UKYA Blogger Awards nominations were released on Twitter. There are several cool categories (Champion of Content, Champion Adult Blogger, Champion Teen Blogger, Champion Vlogger to name a few). And this tweet popped up...



er... ok...


So... yeah... am nominated for Champion of Diversity. How? HOW DID THIS HAPPEN, INTERNET?! Yes, I know that publishers and authors voted and made the shortlist (and you guys are awesome, FYI!) but... 


I am, of course, delighted and honoured to be nominated in this category. Diversity is important and we must champion and fight for it. So, to be nominated with much cooler bloggers is a delight/shock!

Before I go into total "ARGH!!!" mood, I want to congratulate everyone else who was nominated in the other categories and I want to thank the publishers/authors who voted and decided the long-list (there must have been one!) and short-list for these categories. It must have been hard and it's an honour you thought of us. 

That's it. Just thank you. 

Now, how to do ruin this sweet moment...? 

1 comment: