Thursday 16 June 2011

Meet The Blogger - SisterSpooky

Welcome to the first, official MEET THE BLOGGER and, choosing randomly from the a group of answers I have, this are the answers from Laura aka SisterSpooky! Please check her blog out! Go to http://sisterspookybookfangirl.blogspot.com/ and enjoy! But not before you read her answers...

When did you start blogging?
I started book blogging for real (like as in actually posting anything) the start of this year but i’ve been a blogger since I was about 14/15 ish.

What made you start blogging?
I started using Livejournal and one of my friend’s had a code so I could join (I think back then you had to have an invite code) so I joined and mainly used it to post those stupid quiz results that now drive me potty but then used it like a diary to vent etc.

What was the first book you reviewed for your blog and what was your reaction to it?
The 1st book I officially reviewed was Beastily by Alex Finn. I liked it and enjoyed the retelling and it was literally the book I was reading at the time so I posted a review.

When was the first time you realised you were a Book Blogger?
I think I’d always been a book person and a blogger for years so I just decided to have a separate dedicated blog for book stuff. I think in a way the 1st time I felt like a book blogger was when I had author reblog my review or reply a thank you. Never gets old!

How much of your time a week do you spend blogging?
Probably not as much as I should! I tend to spend maybe a few hours a week writing reviews or IMM posts etc but then also a lot of time I’m reading so I post reviews or thinking of things to do on the blog even if it’s just chatting with other bloggers. I’d say at least and 1hr or so a day.

Has your taste in book genres changed since starting the blog?
Not really! I’m a hard care YA fan but I feel like I’m trying to make more of an effort to find non YA books and YA books that are more topical or issue based rather than fantasy or sci-fi based.

What book are you reading at the moment?
I’m reading ‘One Seriously Messed-up Week in the Otherwise Mundane & Uneventful Life of Jack Samsonite’ by Tom Clempson and ‘The Princess Bride’ by William Goldman

What book has got you very excited or made you cry?
The first book that made me cry was probably The Amber Spyglass by Philip Pullman but I must be getting old cause it seems like every other book is making me well up with tears! I got VERY excited over the last Vampire Academy book because I adore that series with a passion

Have you read any book that you disliked so much you threw it across the room?
I have really not liked some books or disliked what was happening at certain points but don’t think i’ve even thrown a book. I’ve closed books very quickly and backed away when they’ve freaked me out or I was so shocked I couldn’t face to read more!

What advice would you give to anyone who wants to take part or what to set up a book blog?
Just do it! Set up a basic blog, have a look at blogs or bloggers you admire or enjoy reading and see how they do it. Don’t take on loads of features to start with because it’s too much pressure. I’d say maybe read and write reviews and have a few “stock piled” before you start posting so you have some on the go to beginning with. Put your own personality into your reviews and blogs because it’s the individuality that will make your blog stand out.

Now, to ask five fun quick-fire questions. What song are you listening to right now?
Division Street by Thursday. (woo for post hardcore emo)

MySpace, Facebook or Twitter?
Twitter!!!!!

Hardback, paperbacks or eBooks?
PAPERBACKS! I like my Hardbacks too but I can’t deal with ebooks.

Letters, phone, texting or emailing?
That’s harder.....probably texts but i LOOOOOOVE getting post in my mailbox

Zombies or unicorns?
ZOMBIE UNICORNS!

4 comments:

  1. This was really fun to do! Thanks Andrew! Though I must say sorry for all my spelling mistakes and typos! I feel bad that I even made a typo with Alex Flinn's name; that'll teach me to re read things I type. Ha ha :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear how you started off blogging, Laura. Wow, you've been doing it for a long time! Do you ever go back and read your entries from when you were 14? I sometimes wish I'd kept a diary, but then again, maybe not, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Amber Spyglass is an awesome book. Excellent post. Lovely to get to know you better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great post! :D I love Division Street, reminds me of college!!

    ReplyDelete